Chaos Theory Test Site

This is my linkable blog. Here lie assorted ideas, rants and ramblings that I can't seem not to write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

This blog is a result of my wanting to share and exchange ideas with others, without cluttering up their blogs with my lengthy replies or necessarily having to exchange email details. Probably I'm nowhere near as angsty as I sound in some of my posts here. I promise I'm really pretty mellow. Honest.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Pink petri dish.

The petri dish is infected with two kinds of bacteria: pink and purple. Each spreads in random clusters across the dish, the pink bacteria patches and the purple grow quite happily over top of oneanother. Both kinds grow faster exponentially, but then the growth rate of the purple bacteria slows down drastically as the growth rate of the pink accellerates steadily.

What colour do you expect will fill the petri dish in the end?

The culture (if you will excuse the pun) that reduces population growth to static or shrinking will be rapidly supplanted by the culture that promotes population growth. Meme die-out? Probably. Will the reduced population growth meme inevitably recur? Not likely given the dwindling resources at our disposal. There may not be time - and less time if a larger population/fast population increase culture prevails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home