Chaos Theory Test Site

This is my linkable blog. Here lie assorted ideas, rants and ramblings that I can't seem not to write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

This blog is a result of my wanting to share and exchange ideas with others, without cluttering up their blogs with my lengthy replies or necessarily having to exchange email details. Probably I'm nowhere near as angsty as I sound in some of my posts here. I promise I'm really pretty mellow. Honest.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Amish Inquisition.

"No man shall know the day nor the hour" is what the Bible says about armageddon, IIRC. Well, whoever wrote that might just have been onto something. Auditing large systems against corruption and inefficient processes is fraught with difficulty. If people know that they will be audited, and that the auditing process is fallible, and, let's face it, we are working with mortals, they can prepare by hiding the evidence, making a nice escape-plan etc. And then there's the problem of corruption among the auditors. In large organisations, wealth and power can assemble some very tempting bait, and build some very dangerous corrupt individuals whose very existence is firm evidence of their lack of scruples. Do our auditors have loved ones? My infallible Robotic Amish Inquisitors wouldn't.

So for an audit to be effective, it has to come out of the blue and be performed by incorruptible individuals with single-minded devotion to their job. They need to be utterly trustworthy, utterly impervious to threats or enticements of the material sort, and they need to be all over the subject at hand.

The audit would be completely disruptive. I envisage a "Your Life on the Lawn"* kind of process where everyone and everything is removed and is only returned to it's position if it is found to be necessary and effective. They'd never know what hit them. Nooooobody expects the Amish Inquisition. Heh heh.

*Your Life On The Lawn: A home makeover TV show for people with deeply entrenched clutter and hoarding issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home