Chaos Theory Test Site

This is my linkable blog. Here lie assorted ideas, rants and ramblings that I can't seem not to write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

This blog is a result of my wanting to share and exchange ideas with others, without cluttering up their blogs with my lengthy replies or necessarily having to exchange email details. Probably I'm nowhere near as angsty as I sound in some of my posts here. I promise I'm really pretty mellow. Honest.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Abstract Art as Telepathy.

Some artists render images so relaistically that there is no mistaking the analogue. Other artists, on the other hand, will reduce and refine their response to the ubiquitous bowl of fruit to such a high degree of abstraction that it is less of an illustration and more of an attempt at telepathy.

For someone with no arty education to stand in front of a canvas painted solid yellow and somehow divine that the artist intended it to depict the crucifixion of Christ* would indeed be an extraordinary thing.

*That painting (not mine) happened in Art School...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home