Chaos Theory Test Site

This is my linkable blog. Here lie assorted ideas, rants and ramblings that I can't seem not to write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

This blog is a result of my wanting to share and exchange ideas with others, without cluttering up their blogs with my lengthy replies or necessarily having to exchange email details. Probably I'm nowhere near as angsty as I sound in some of my posts here. I promise I'm really pretty mellow. Honest.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Applied Metaphysics............*cough*

The idea that metaphysics is irrellevant because it has no predictive quality does not mean that I believe that no metaphysical things exist. It's just that data without replicable methods cannot yeild predictions about future events. What good is it?

Compare to Apatheism; the idea that the existence or lack thereof of god does not effect the way I behave, therefore is irrellevant. My ethics are based on and driven by things other than the idea of divine retribution or edict.

I can only work within the framework of testable phenomena and predictable behaviour. Unpredictable things baffle, fascinate and disturb me.

Humans most of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home